This is a special release of PinballX
The goal is to automate and make easier the setup of Visual Pinball for newcomers. Note for experienced users: Some of the new settings and features are defaults for new installs of PinballX.
First of all is if the installer detects Visual PinMAME is not installed it will download and install Visual Pinball then set the required settings for PinballX. The intaller I have written is based on Toxies install but a little more automated. Thanks Toxie for that.
In addition joystick and keyboard settings are set for all versions of Visual Pinball based on the settings in PinballX and Visual Pinball is auto configured along with setting it to full screen. Again note these settings are optional but on by default for new installs.
I also automate the B2S positiiong based on the backglass setting in PnballX.
Finally new features have been added to the game manager to make it easier to add tables and B2S files including the ability to extract archives and scan within them.
- A few adjustments have been made to CPU DMA emulation (for sprite transfers and sound sample fetches), as well as a small tweak to Controller configuration to get it to work in Wine.
- Added "General | Add Overscan Margins" option for AndroidTV.
- Menu should now work on AndroidTV inside the emulator.
- Replaced options menu with context menu for AndroidTV.
- Added "Toggle cheats" special key function.
- Declared emulation activities enabled for external use.
- Support for new output APIs are added
* Direct3D11 at feature level 10.0 (there are some restrictions)
* Direct3D11 Microsoft WARP renderer
- Support for rendering DirectShow movie playback
- Resolution overriding for DirectX emulation is now available
- New scaling mode (forced 4:3 aspect ratio) with/without CRT-like appearance is added
- MSAA support for DX8
- Lot of DX8 bugfixings
- A few DDraw/D3D bugfixings
- Making 'VertexLayout' functionality be compatible with a real 3Dfx driver (Glide3)
- Proper support for CAS files for non-generic systems (#34)
- Option to insert a new blank cassette (#25)
- Automatic hiding of the mouse cursor after a period of inactivity, if the cursor is over the screen
- Can now flip between tabs in Preferences by using shortcuts (COMMAND+L/R BRACE)
- Gamepads/joysticks can now be remapped (#35). Gamepad/joystick support has also been completely redesigned
- Removed file type registration for unsupported (non-MSX) systems
- System shortcuts (e.g. CTRL+RIGHT) should no longer interfere with game controls (#36). An unfortunate side-effect of this is that it affects all system shortcuts - including COMMAND+TAB
- Escape key should no longer cancel full screen mode
- Minimum version of OS X supported is now 10.7
- Updated to the latest version of Sparkle
- Switched to the native JSON library (NSJSON)
- Migrated to ARC
- Code cleanup