Neo-Geo filter was not showing all games for MAME v0.174); there is a new driver name: "neodriv"
EL will also validate Neo-Geo game names by its bios set name...: "neogeo"
Control "none or empty" was not filtering the games list correctly ("MISC" main tool bar filter)
- software list games should not be listed as they don't have control entries (mamedir\hash\*.xml files)
Renamed "\ini_files\control_type.ini" to "\ini_files\mame_control_type.ini" since this file is for MAME/HBMAME only
New search bar filter: Controls
- a quick way to filter games by controls (for MAME/HBMAME only)
- the results are affected if "Include Tool Bar Filters" option is checked (search bar options button)
- software list games are excluded from this filter since they don't have controls listed in "mamedir\hash\*.xml" files
- this new filter ignores the search criteria and overwrites the controls filter selection in the miscellaneous filters ("MISC" main tool bar button)
- Expanded the emulation management chapter to include the new features embedded into this version.
- Fixed some misc bugs when manually editing the EXTRAs root field from the global configuration pane.
- Fixed the bug where EXTRAs resources could only be selected as folders and not as zip files in the global configuration pane.
- Tweaked video rendering a bit to avoid having minor buffer errors being raised for no benefits.
- Tweaked tooltips in the global configuration pane to indicate when an entry modification requires Negatron to be restarted to be taken into account.
- Tweaked the software status caching process so that it's less heavy on the UI.
- Changed the behaviour of the Machine Internals tab: if no pictures are available for a device, display a default picture instead of ignoring it.
- Changed cheats management: instead of always enabling cheats, the cheat menu can now be enabled or disabled from the global configuration pane, configuration being saved in mame.ini.
- Changed vsync management: instead of always doing double buffering, vsync methods can now be chosen in the global configuration pane, configuration being saved in mame.ini.
- Added image update capabilities through drag'n drops to the Machine Internals tab, similarly to Machine Externals and In-game Content tabs.
- Added a VLC entry to the global configuration pane to allow Negatron to find and use portable versions of VLC.
- Added the ability to retain the UI layout (grid column ordering, sorting, filtering, etc.) from sessions to sessions.
- Added a basic skinning system. Skins can be selected in the global configuration pane. Available skins are modena and dark-modena.
- Added a UI localisation system. Most of the UI can now be translated into any languages. Available translations are Chinese and French (both incomplete yet). Feature disabled while updating cache.
- Added an advanced filter pane for the machine list, accessible by clicking on the "+" button next to the filter text field.
- The timer value, without the int 1ah, has been improved the processing of the case to get directly from the BIOS data area.
- A tool that was created in Turbo Pascal I think it is supposed to work.
- In addition, it speeds up the process of updating the timer value.
- In int 24h / 25h, it has been modified to allow access to the 32MB or more volumes.
- Virtual joystick (added 4th joystick type) and mapper can bind to 2axis native joystick(donated version)
- Improvements in backup system – reminder can be set by users
- fixes in support for Spanish keyboard
- added new action to deadly strike – mouse navigation
- serial IEC implemented to complement the Commodore plus/4's parallel IEC
- much improved VIC-II emulation (lightpen latches, sprite crunching, DMA)
- improved SID emulation & replay (6581R4 default for C64, 8580 for plus/4)
- minor CIA changes
- savestates support
- implemented a simple options menu at long last
- video speed increased via 'SDL_SetRenderTarget'
- use 'SDL_GameController' API rather than 'SDL_Joystick'
- more consistent positional keymapping
- simple overlay keyboard for hints
- more jostick keyset options
- preliminary ZIP file support
- The resolution changes when you change the independent flags and OUT of (0xC8) port resolution
Fix this so would have been done problem recurs.
- bug fixes
- bug fixes
- Improvement of the frame skip control
- Improvement of the rendering process of the play screen
- Improvement of FPS control