- Floppy LED (visible only with virtual keyboard)
- Virtual keyboard:
* adjustable: position, size, transparency
* persistent: saves position, size, transparency automatically (separately for portrait and landscape on Android and iOS)
* visual und acoustic (switchable) feedback
- Virtual joystick in two different sizes
- Virtual mouse (selectable instead of joystick): AMX, Reisware/Gerdes or Symbiface II (PS/2)
- Original sounds of disk drive, cassette relay and keyboard (can be switched on and off)
- Zoom function (display without border), alternating with and without full screen; persistent (separately for portrait and landscape on Android and iOS)
- Audio emulation deeply revised; output quality significantly improved (you can select from 4 output frequencies)
- Vortex memory extension SP64...SP512
- Jarek memory extension 576KB...4096KB
- Bank-switching speed dramatically improved; correct emulation of C3 mode
- IPv6-enabled web server similar to M4 board (upload and download into/from the emulator via web interface)
- Autostart behaviour improved (automatic file selection and deactivation)
- Minimal audio latency on Android (Oboe)
- User interface improved on Android/iOS
- Setup settings are saved immediately
- First preparations for new user interface
- Adjusted to SDL version 2.0.22 (which needs to be installed manually on Linux)
- Fixed bugs: background-foreground-changing behaviour on Android, real-time speed, video output speed (in particular on Android, iOS and MacOS, I think also on the Raspberry Pi), memory leaks, M4 sockets, file access on Android and iOS
- Added additional exceptions checks to the import vlc in pfemame.py, fullscreenplayer and tileview. If there was a library issue the application would throw and exception and refuse to start. Also if you just are not interested in VLC or its not supported on your system then it just warns that its unavailable and drops back to mediactrl.
- Added additional file validity checks into the fullscreenvideo player to try and prevent it from trying to play files that are not actually video files. This is necessary as on MacOS there can be hidden files in folders.
- VLC video play code in pfemame.py moved to a thread. This is mostly to support some hacks I am trying to use to get VLC support to work right in MacOS. Right now it doesn’t scale the video to the window – apparently a known issue that there doesn’t seem to be a good work around right now. As such VLC playback is still only supported for Windows (Yes Linux is a problem due to distributions moving to Wayland and the VLC plugin only working nice with X servers).
- Improved C128 Virtual FS device support
- Improved Virtual FS device JiffyDOS support
- load programs with .prg extension without needing to include the .prg in the load command
- New Virtual FS device available under drive type settings - Experimental and still a work in progress. Location set to prg path inpaths setting.
- port some changes from MAME/MESS
- equivalent optimizations, NFC
- Explore the world of Aida star in Tower of Fantasy with LDPlayer now.
- You won't see the annoying green border when playing games on LDPlayer anymore.
- Adjust the height limits of macro recorders.
- Solve a issue where there might be 2 165 FPS options in settings.
- Allow for a portable, minimal Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installation in the jre/ folder (Windows only). If you would like to use the minimal JRE, just download this 21MB zip and extract it into the DBGL folder. You should then be able to use DBGL without the need to install a complete Java SDK (or JRE) (RedTony).
- Updated multiple Java libraries, most importantly SWT which now requires Java 11 !
- Improved file linking by using file:// URLs instead of linking by file path. The previous behavior can still be used, if necessary.
- Fixed an issue where on some systems, non-relative profile links could have been used. Any such existing links will be corrected on first startup (arobbo).
- Fixed an issue where trying to open a profile's game folder did not work (Digitoxin).
- Fixed an issue where cover art could sometimes be saved in .png format instead of the more suitable .jpg format (RedTony).
- Removed 7-zip support for GamePackArchives.
- Various minor corrections and improvements.
- Slovakian translation update by Tomas K., Spanish update by Neville and German update by Marcel Luka.