- Emu64 now has WIP support in the VICE Testuite. Thanks to Groepaz from the VICE team https://sourceforge.net/p/vice-emu/code/HEAD/tree/testprogs/testbench
- Added PNG as screenshot
- Pepto Palette added
- WARP mode added (option in C64Speed window or as command line option)
- Processing command line options installed in Emu64
- New command-line option: --nosplash (SplashScreen does not appear on startup.)
- New command line option: -a, --autostart <file name> (Loads a C64 program (prg, t00 ...) and starts it the same.)
- New command line option: -m, --mount-disk <drive_number> <file name> (mounts a diskimage, the drive number must be between 8 and 11).
- New command-line option: --mount-crt <file name> (Inserting a moduleimage into the expansionport)
- New command-line option: --umount-crt (Removes a moduleimage from the expansion port.)
- New command-line option: -r, --soft-reset (Performs a soft reset.)
- New command line option: -R, --hard-reset (Performs a hard reset.)
- New command-line option: --warp (Activates the WarpMode (Maximum C64 Speed / No Sound))
- New command-line option: --poke64 <address (0-65535)> <value (0-255)> (Writes one byte to a C64 address.)
- New command line option: --limitcycles <ncycles> (Exits the emulator after n cycles with exitcode 1.)
- New command line option: --exitscreenshot <file name> (saves a screenshot before png)
- New command-line option: --debugcart (Ends the emu64 with a write access to $ d7ff and returns the value as an exitcode.)
- New command-line option: --multiple-instance (Enables the start of multiple Emu64 instances.)
- New command-line option: --reset-ini (Resets the emu64.ini (All previous settings are lost!))
- New command-line option: - ?, --help (A help text is displayed and Emu64 is not started.)
- New command-line option: --version (Displays the current Emu64 version number.)
- BUGFIX # xx: The logfile is now always written, even in case of a crash
- BUGFIX # 90 : Emu64 Crash (Random) when no disk image was inserted
- BUGFIX # 97 : For D64 Images where invalid values in the BAM (18/0) are accepted for the directory 18/1
[Update] List of arcade roms with MAME 0.184 (mame -listfull)
[MAJ] From the list of devices and bios MAME 0.184
[SHIFT] From the list of exceptions
[ADD] Function of moving by letter of the alphabet of the menu.
[ADD] locale .fr and .en several translations.
[MODIFICATION] Big improvement of the translation mechanics.
[MODIFICATION] Optimization of the size of the software after compilation by integrating only the necessary modules.
[MODIFICATION] Joysticks detection and configuration function greatly improved.
[MODIFICATION] Improved startup interface of the software (loading roms) Placement of different parts of the display more accurate.
[MODIFICATION] Method of moving the menu completely re-encoded. Moving more "smooth"
Class Menu () -> def move_rectangle ()
[MODIFICATION] Optimization of the function "loading_roms_int (str, pygame.rect)", the code passes from 300 lines to 78 lines with a high speed gain.
[CORRECTION] Sequence of closing to software loading possible. Addition of a function to close the software by the "ESC" key to the loading sequence of the various modules.
[CORRECTION] Bugs about changing the increment of the "play" field (number of times played).
Class Datatbase () -> def modification_info ()
[CORRECTION] Bugs about updating the date of the "d_lancement" field "last time played".
Class Datatbase () -> def modification_info ()
[RESOURCE] improve menu items
[WINMAIN] improve menu items
- Major sound emulation improvements
- General emulation improvements
- Add Power/Reset buttons
- Fix aspect ratio
- Timing and audio emulation improvements
- Fix Micro Machines
- Fix Huge Insect
- Fix Ms. Pac Man (Tengen)
- Turbo controller support
- Use mupen64plus built-in debugger to avoid major slowdowns when breakpoints are set
- Fix audio in AVI recording
- Add options for "Always double size"
- hex editor: add import binary tool (quick and dirty way to effect .sav importing in many cases)
- add a toggle all cheats hotkey
- Cheats - Set default compare type to "equal" not NOTHING, fixes NES game genie codes generated through the cheat converter
- fix Tools -> External Tools menu item throwing an exception
* Add branch undo feature
* Add jump to branch frame
* Fix autohold not being latched when recording frames
* Fix #534 (Disabling autohold is halfworking)
* Dynamically resize usertext column
* Make branch screenshot popup fade in and out
* Allow exporting a named state
* Branch text edit popup follows mouse pointer
* When reopening tastudio and restoring its position, tolerate slight offscreen by resetting to 0 instead of ignoring the saved pos
* Fix input being erased when frames are added
* Fix rewinding that was turning rec mode off
- Refined image of the virtual keyboard.
- After the final transition to Windows10 turned out that the main emulator cycle timer is running clumsily, and was replaced by the old cycle with counters, which eats more CPU time, but it works correctly.
- Serious reorganization projects and some refactoring.
- Partial rejection of compatibility with Windows XP, and therefore make a normal D3D renderer on Dx11. For WinXP will now be a separate special assembly.
- emulation accuracy improvement
- more mappers
- better sound quality
- no more input/sound lag
Nintaco is a work in progress. It is a NES-Famicom-Dendy emulator written in Java 8, ostensibly making it cross-platform.
Mesen is a NES/Famicom emulator and NSF player. It is still a work in progress and under active development.
ANY-YES is a cycle-accurate NES emulator
Some features of note include NTSC simulation, gameplay recording, mid-instruction cycle-accuracy, game genie support.
Currently Supported Mappers: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 16, 19, 28, 66, 69, 71, 118, 119, 140, 163, 228, 232
Many difficult to emulate games work correctly, such as BattleToads, Bee-52, Mig 29 Soviet Fighter, and Crystalis to name a few.