Skyline is an open source and experimental emulator that runs on ARMv8 Android™ devices and emulates the functionality of a Nintendo Switch™ system.
Skyline currently supports several 2D games. Check the Compatibility List for more details.
- Added support for Sanitarium.
- Added support for Hades Challenge.
- Added support for Marvel Comics Spider-Man: The Sinister Six.
- Added support for The 11th Hour.
- Added support for Clandestiny.
- Added support for Tender Loving Care (CD-ROM Editions).
- Added support for Uncle Henry's Playhouse.
- Added support for Wetlands.
- Added support for Chewy: Esc from F5.
- Fill in PC-98 BIOS data area byte value indicating CPU type (whether 8086, 286, 386 or higher) (Wengier), fill it in at startup (joncampbell123).
- CHOICE now supports breaking and errors on end of file or pipe instead of freezing DOSBox-X. (Jookia)
- Fixed debugger commands parsing numbers wrong. (Jookia)
- Fixed DIR crashing on volumes with more than 999,999,999,999 bytes of free space. (Jookia)
- Switched to year.month.patch versioning (Jookia)
- Fix NE2000 panicking if packets are queued too fast. (kcgen, Jookia)
- Fix ISO image format detection to support pure UDF formatted images, meaning that the image lacks any ISO 9660 features and contains only UDF. (joncampbell123).
- Added support for UDF filesystem to ISO image handling. It is enabled by default if emulating MS-DOS 7.10 (aka Windows 98) or higher. (joncampbell123).
- Added code to detect Rock Ridge according to the System Use Sharing Protocol standard, and to read the SUSP entries correctly for the alternate name, if enabled. (joncampbell123)
- Updated ISO MSCDEX drive emulation to scan the available volumes in the ISO image rather than assume the first volume, which makes Joilet support possible if long filenames are enabled and the DOS version is 7.0 or higher. (joncampbell123).
- Add IMGMOUNT -o option for ISO filesystem support to enable/disable Joliet extensions, which is a Microsoft extension to ISO 9660 where long names encoded using Unicode UCS-16 exist as a supplementary volume in the ISO image and are used by Windows 95 and higher to support long filenames on CD-ROM. Added support for reading the Joliet volume and providing them for both the 8.3 and long filename APIs in DOS. (joncampbell123).
- Add IMGMOUNT -o option for ISO filesystem support to enable/disable Rock Ridge long filename support. The option is -o rr=1 to enable and -o rr=0 to disable. (joncampbell123).
- Fixed 8.3 name generations on ISO drives with Rock Ridge extension. The ISO drives can be refreshed via RESCAN command like other drives. (Wengier)
- SDL_Net support is available for HX-DOS builds, similar to other builds. Packet driver is needed for network capability in DOS. (Wengier)
- Fixed line endings when copying to shared clipboard (e.g. CLIP$) in non-Windows platforms. (Wengier)
- Fixed problems with SDL1 Windows builds in which the user had to type the Fullscreen mapper shortcut twice. It seems a SDL1 library function that is used to indicate ignoring or adding a class of events also liked to flush the event queue. This is called on mode change. This caused lost keystrokes, leaving the mapper the impression that those keys were still held down. (joncampbell123).
- Added MSX2 emulation
- Improved scoping of C local variables in VS Code (thanks to Streuwinkel)
- Improved parsing of Sjasm lst files (thanks to bas)
- Made pause shortcut configurable (thanks to Kabcorp)
- Fixed an issue with persisting window positions at the left edge of the screen (thanks to aoineko)
- Fixed that the Memory Editor did sometimes not open when clicking a VRAM address in the viewers (thanks to bas)
- Fixed an issue with negative numbers in VS Code
- Fixed an issue in C debugging with files containing spaces or dashes (thanks to Streuwinkel)
- Fixed a bug in Game Boy noise channel emulation that could cause audible clicks (thanks to tbsp, Matt Hughson)
- Fixed the value displayed for the Z80’s R register (thanks to sverx)
- Update some macOS and Windows libraries (SDL, dear imgui, libuv)
- Fix incorect VIA debug window T2 mode display
- Fix incorrect teletext graphics glyphs
- Fix a couple of teletext graphics display issues
- Drop support for 32-bit Windows
- PGC: Properly draw 40x25 CGA text mode
- Add realistic HDD timing simulation
- Fix incorrect position of CD speed
- Various small performance optimisations
- gdbstub: Implement 'qsThreadInfo/qfThreadInfo' query
- Fix Hard Reset dialog button order
- Multi-monitor support
- improve the stability of state save and load. Caution: the previous state data does not work.
- improve performance
- Added emulation of the Apple //c.
- Simplified the installation by including, in the Help description, download links for the proper ROM files.
- When creating a blank diskette image, you now have the option to initialize it right away as a DOS 3.3 diskette. This can be convenient if, for example, a game asks for a newly formatted disk.
- Movie recording can now be stopped with a keyboard shortcut.
- The Super Serial Card's RS232 interface was always visible in the devices area. It now hidden, unless the card is linked to a serial Mac device or Unix pipe.
- Sometimes the emulated mouse would jump to an unexpected location until the main window was moved. This has been fixed.
- Corrected several minor issues.