AdvanceMAME is an unofficial MAME version with advanced video support for use with TVs, Arcade Monitors, Fixed Frequencies Monitors, and also for PC Monitors.
* Automatic creation of perfect video modes with the correct size and clock.
* A lot of video boards supported. See the GNU/Linux, DOS and Windows card list.
* Support for 8, 15, 16 and 32 bits video modes.
* Real hardware scanlines.
* Software video image stretching by fractional factors, for example to play vertical games like "Pac-Man" with horizontal Arcade Monitors or TVs.
* Special scale, lq and hq effects to improve the aspect with modern PC Monitors. See Scale2x and hq3x pages for examples.
* Special blit effects to improve the image quality in stretching. See Blit Effetcs for examples.
* Special rgb effects to simulate the aspect of a real Arcade Monitor See Rgb Effetcs for examples.
* Change of the video mode and other video options at runtime. See the Snapshots.
* Support of Symmetric Multi-Processing (SMP) with a multiple threads architecture in Linux.
* Sound and Video recording in WAV, PNG and .MNG files.
* Multiple mice support in Linux, DOS, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
* Automatic exit after some time of inactivity.
* Scripts capabilities to drive external hardware devices like LCDs and lights.
* Textual configuration files.
* Help screen describing the user input keys.
AdvanceMame is based on MAME 0.106.