MAME4droid 2024 is developed by David Valdeita (Seleuco) as a port of the latest MAME emulator by MAMEDev and contributors. It emulates arcade games and systems like ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, MSX etc. This version of MAME support over 40000 different ROMs.
* Autorotate with individual settings for portrait and landscape orientation
* Physical and touch Mouse support (autodetected)
* Virtual and full Physical keyboard support (with Keys remapping)
* Plug and play support for most Bluetooth and USB Gamepads
* Touch lightgun with auto-detection option
* Touch Controller can be toggled on and off
* Image smoothing and effects (Overlay filters including scanlines, CRT, etc.)
* Digital or Analog touch selectable
* Animated touch stick or DPAD
* Customizable In-App button layout
* Tilt Sensor replacement for joystick movement
* Display 1 to 6 buttons on screen
* Options for video aspect ratio, scaling, rotate, etc.
(NOTE: MAME4droid is not supported, nor does it have anything to do with Mame's team. Don't bother them with questions about MAME4droid)
This version of MAME4droid was designed to be used with high-end Android devices because it is based on the latest PC MAME version which requires higher specifications than the older versions.
Even with a high-end device, do not expect "modern" arcade games from the 90s and beyond to necessarily work at full speed or compatibility.
After installing, place your MAME-titled zipped ROMs in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.seleuco.mame4d2024/files/roms folder (Read the help to see other possibilities for reading your ROMs).