EmulationStation Desktop Edition (ES-DE) is a frontend application for browsing and launching games from your multi-platform game collection.
It comes preconfigured for use with RetroArch and a number of standalone emulators. It's also fully customizable so you can easily expand it to include emulators or applications not covered by the bundled configuration.
* Modern and attractive user interface
* Full controller navigation support
* Supports over a 100 different game systems
* Ships preconfigured - minimal setup required
* Simple to use, you'll be retrogaming within minutes
* Still highly customizable if you prefer to tailor your setup
* Built-in scraper for downloading game info and game media
* Supports scraping of both images and videos
* Lots of scraper configuration options
* Fully themeable which allows for very different looks
* Ships with two comprehensive theme sets
* Backward compatible with most RetroPie EmulationStation themes
The download file is an AppImage and will run on most modern Linux distos.
Make it executable
$ chmod a+x "file_name".AppImage