Basilisk II/JIT provides a dynamically recompiling 680x0 cpu core to the original Basilisk II. This is achieved thanks to the adoption and improvement of Bernie Meyer's excellent just-in-time (JIT) compiler engine for UAE. Supports 0.x thru 7.5 for Classic emulation, 7.x or 8.0/8.1 for Mac II emulation.
You will need a Mac OS Rom and Mac OS CD or ISO.
* Emulates either a Mac Classic (which runs MacOS 0.x thru 7.5) or a Mac II series machine (which runs MacOS 7.x, 8.0 and 8.1), depending on the ROM being used
* Uses UAE 68k emulation or (under AmigaOS and NetBSD/m68k) real 68k processor
* High performance JIT translation engine for x86 and x86_64 (AMD64, EM64T)
* Copy and paste of text between MacOS and the host OS
* Easy file exchange with the host OS via a “Host Directory Tree” icon on the Mac desktop
* Color video display with support for run-time resolution switching
* CD quality sound output
* Floppy disk driver (only 1.44MB disks supported)
* Driver for HFS partitions and hardfiles
* CD-ROM driver with basic audio functions
* Ethernet driver
* Serial drivers
* SCSI Manager (old-style) emulation
* Emulates extended ADB keyboard and 3-button mouse
This download file ↓ is an AppImage and will run on just about any Linux disto.
Make it executable
$ chmod a+x "File_Name".AppImage