Caprice32 is a software emulator of the Amstrad CPC 8bit home computer series running on Linux and Windows. The emulator faithfully imitates the CPC464, CPC664, and CPC6128 models. By recreating the operations of all hardware components at a low level, the emulator achieves a high degree of compatibility with original CPC software. These programs or games can be run unmodified at real-time or higher speeds, depending on the emulator host environment.
* Complete emulation of CPC464, CPC664 and CPC6128
* Mostly working support of Plus Range: CPC464+/CPC6128+/GX4000 (missing vectored & DMA interrupts, analog joysticks and 8 bit printer)
* Joystick support - it can be fully used with joystick only, thanks to an integrated virtual keyboard.
* Joystick emulation - joystick-only games can be played using the keyboard
* English, French or Spanish keyboards
* DSK and IPF files for disks - VOC and CDT files for tapes - CPR files for cartridge
* Snapshots (SNA files)
* Direct load of ZIP files
* Developers' tools with debugger, memory editor, disassembler...
* Custom disk formats
* Printer support
* Experimental support of Multiface 2 (you should prefer using memory tool)
Download link will take you to Snapcraft, an app store for Linux.
If you would like to compile Caprice32 yourself, there is a newer version (4.6.0) here.