Attract-Mode is a graphical front-end for command line emulators such as MAME, MESS and Nestopia. It hides the underlying operating system and is intended to be controlled with a joystick, gamepad or spin dial, making it ideal for use in arcade cabinet setups. Attract-Mode is open source and runs on Linux, Mac OS-X and Windows.
* Configuration menu for easy configuration of most settings.
* Fully scriptable display layouts written in the Squirrel programming language.
* Includes the "Attrac-Man" layout, a playable Pacman-inspired game that unfolds around the edges of your game menu.
* Frontend controls can be mapped to any joystick, keyboard or mouse input.
* User configurable sounds and ambient music.
* Display images, videos and information related to specific games.
* Supports screen rotation and flipping (including auto-rotation).
* Filter game lists based on specific attributes.
* Automatically generate game lists from directory contents.
* Import game information from MAME/MESS -listxml and -listsoftware commands.
* Catver.ini and nplayers.ini file support.
* Unicode character (UTF-8) support.
* Configurable screensaver.