Fake86 is an 8086 PC emulator written in C. It is written from scratch, including the CPU core and has been under development since October 2010. It was originally written in FreeBASIC, however I have since re-written it in C for greater speed and portability.
* Full support for the 16-bit 80186 instruction set. (80386 CPU emulation coming soon)
* Emulation of the major support chips found in 1980's era PCs.
* Audio support includes emulation of the Sound Blaster Pro, Adlib FM music card, Disney Sound Source, and standard PC speaker.
* Standard Microsoft-compatible serial mouse emulated on COM1.
* Hard/floppy disk emulation on interrupt 13h using disk image files.
* Capable of running any 16-bit flavor of DOS. (MS-DOS, DR-DOS, PC-DOS, FreeDOS, etc.)
* Hercules, CGA, MCGA, and VGA (except 640x480 16-color) video emulation. (EGA and full VGA support coming soon)
* Ethernet emulation with libpcap and WinPcap.