- Compressed state files can now be loaded. (You must compress them yourself.)
* Tip: When you've finished playing a particular game, compress all the state files from said game into a single .7z archive using 7-Zip. The resulting file will most likely be very small. Whenever you wish to replay the game, load the archive. You can then cycle through the states with (Shift-)Ctrl-Backspace.
- State saving has been optimized by first saving state into a RAM buffer before writing it to disk. This was done to minimize the interruption to the VM. The buffering will only be done if the system is not under memory pressure.
- Similarly, state loading also delays halting the VM until the state file has been cached (memory permitting) although the benefits are largely illusory. This was done to keep the experience consistent with in-archive state files.
- Context-sensitive help for menus was expanded to support the top level of pop-up menus (i.e. any menu item that opens a submenu). Not all menus have help strings yet, however.
- A slight fade effect is now applied to green floppy pane LEDs, for realism.
- A workaround for a bug in the IPL ROM was added. Now, 12 MB of RAM should no longer cause the X68000 to crash under certain circumstances while booting. This fix is inapplicable to previously existing state files with 12 MB of RAM.
- A workaround for SCSI ROM dumps that lack magneto-optical drive (MO) support (which is most of them) was added. It should not impact software SCSI drivers.
- It is now possible to change the current directory using the Control key in conjunction with drag-and-drop and CLI interfaces. Refer to the manual.
- The floppy pane LEDs, when blinking, were susceptible to beating if the VM was being fast-forwarded. The mitigation has not yet been added to the MBCS edition. The drive number is also retained on dark blinking cycles in windowed mode now, which was not necessarily a bug. (Full-screen mode was not changed.)
- The no-reset CLI argument is now ignored on startup because it can interfere with updating SRAM switches for HDD images passed on the command line.
- When selecting a directory through a dialog, the directory modification date was being updated due to the OS creating a test file, apparently.
- The radix for imported cheats was often being misinterpreted.
- The disassembler had a few defects.
New Version of WinDS PRO 08.22.11 with new ds MelonDS emulator and updates to ares, bizhawk, desmume, citra, fceux, mGBA, flycast, project64, dolphin, pcsx2, pcsx-redux, yuzu, ppsspp, rpcs3.
- PHUNSY: added MDCR emulation.
- Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.
- "External Processor" added.
- Added support for ECS register DIWHIGH
- Option "Disconnect keys from keyboard" was broken
- Fixed a dot mask setting issue
- The built-in trackpad is no longer recognized as an external USB device
- Added more FFmpeg default search paths
- Fixed some resizing issues in the inspector window
- SlowRam mirror emulation was broken
- No more graphics glitches in DPaint IV overscan modes
- Null modem cable is no longer broken
- No more graphics glitches in Seven seas by Andromeda
- ShowConfig utility (Hyperion) does no longer crash with Kickstart 3.2
- Fixed an error in the Hunk parser
- Added support for ECS Denise (SuperHires modes)
- The video config panel has been redesigned
- Added NTSC support
- Kickstart 3.2.1 (Hyperion) is a recognised Rom now
- Improved UART timing (#690)
- Improved display window emulation
- Improved display logic emulation
- Now the line drawing code is invoked at the beginning of the HBLANK area
- Fixed crash in PARSE when parsing ITEM().
- Fixed (re,im) complex pasting. This was broken by localized copy & paste.
- Special cases for pure real and pure imaginary in SQRT.
- UI: implement game controller selection and remapping
- UI: enable loading ROMs from archives (Zip, 7z, RAR4)
- UI: enable loading ROMs via Drag & Drop onto the main window
- UI: fix occasional crashes when loading a ROM while the emulator is running
- UI: fix screen clearing and stop audio if ROM could not be loaded
- UI: unpause the emulator if a ROM is loaded
- UI: add an option to unlock the aspect ratio
- Core: implement Solar Sensor emulation (for Boktai I and II)
- Core: implement experimental save state support
- Save Memory: automatically detect EEPROM save sizes (closes #219)
- ARM: fix switch between FIQ and non-user/system modes
- PPU: delay H-blank IRQs by four cycles (fixes #89, fixes #175)
- PPU: disable VRAM mirror at 06018000h in bitmap modes (fixes #102)
- PPU: latch BGX/Y writes at the beginning of each scanline (fixes #176)
- PPU: delay scanline rendering by 32 cycles (fixes #93)
- PPU: properly initialise WIN0/1 state after reset (fixes #223)
- PPU: 2D OBJs should wraparound horizontally (fixes #224)
- PPU: move rendering to a secondary thread for better performance
- PPU: improve DMA3 video transfer timing
- PPU: respect WININ/WINOUT if Alpha OBJ does not have a blend source
- IRQ: add 16-bit IO access handlers to avoid scheduling multiple events
- IRQ: assign (preliminary) priorities to events for IRQ raise and acknowledge/disable events
- Timer: be explicit about IO write event order
- RTC: enable 24h-mode by default (fixes #136)
- RTC: multiple small fixes and accuracy improvements
- Fixed so that playback does not stop when BEEP sounds are uttered continuously.
- I'm trying to play with double buffer with waveOut API.
- I was able to receive a callback by specifying a function instead of a window procedure.
- Also, DOSBOX's FPU_ST80() was modified to take into account the NaN/INF case.
- Fixes for some tests in Lemmy's system-test ROM (https://github.com/lemmy-64/n64-systemtest). Probably won't impact any commercial games but you never know.
- Fixes for the following games: NFL Quarterback Club 1999/2000/2001, The Powerpuff Girls - Chemical X-Traction. Thanks to @Petersilientroll for pointing out issues with these games.