- The “Emulate Hardware” and “Preserve Brightness” color correction modes are now called “Modern – Balanced” and “Modern – Boost Contrast”, respectively, to better represent them in the context other modes that came after their introduction
- A new “Modern – Accurate” color correction mode was added. This new mode preserves the modern saturation and contrast of “Modern – Balanced” but further improves on color balancing accuracy
- The Cocoa preferences window now includes help buttons that describe the different Color Correction and High-Pass Filter modes
- Major improvements to the performance of the Cocoa memory viewer
- The Anti-aliased Scale4x filter has been revised and improved
- A color correction rounding error was fixed
- Fixed potential visual artifacts when using certain scaling filters on some combinations of resolutions and devices
- Fixed a bug that made SameBoy crash on launch on older versions of macOS if an update was available
- Fixed a bug where the Cocoa memory viewer temporarily showed wrong addresses
- The SDL will no longer get stuck (unless “Skip” is used) when trying to use certain joypads’ D-pad to configure the directional keys
- Attempt to work around an X11 bug that caused file and directory selection dialogs to ignore mouse keys
Misc Internal Changes
- The Cocoa memory viewer no longer requires access to internal structures
- Added an option to select whether to confirm when executing LOAD (SLOT) anywhere (default: Yes).
- Video capture is made compatible with ffmpeg5 and made into a separate thread to reduce the load. (Thanks to eighttails)
- Restore the interrupt processing of the sub CPU to Ver.2.0.1 or equivalent. Temporary countermeasure for missing interrupts.
- Fixed extended ROM/RAM access. It was not possible to access the area of 64KB or more.
- Ready for i18n. (preparation only)
- Refactoring (coding style cleanup, etc.).
- Replaced the wx.busyinfo with my own pop-up window. Had to do this as busyinfo doesn’t seem to work on Linux or MacOS anymore. I like my version better as I can customise it.
- Added a SetFocus for the first ROM button in TileView after starting. After recent changes this was preventing navigation unless you used the mouse to click in the window (Under Linux and MacOS).
- Added further error trapping for systems that cannot play media files.
- Have tested pfeMAME under Windows Subsystem for Linux with Ubuntu (WSL2). Had to add a few extra error traps for video playback as I haven’t worked out yet how to get that to work in WSL2.
- New games: Tetris + Cherry Master (Aidonis Games bootleg) and Tetris + Cherry Master (Corsica, v8.01, encrypted)
- New Working games: Polygonet Commanders (ver UAA) and Poly-Net Warriors (ver JAA)
- New Non-Working games: Animal Wonders (ver A900), Inter Stellar Zangus (Laser Fantasy vol. 2), New Canasta, Puzz Ball (Japan, PZB1 Ver.A) and 'unknown Namco System 10 medal game (unknown code)'
MAME Testers bugs fixed
- 00184: [Graphics] (m72.cpp) airduelm72: Startup notices are not displayed correctly. (Brian Troha)
- 06232: [Misc.] (taito_z.cpp) bshark: Lamp outputs are not exposed. (hap)
- 08108: [Sound] (toaplan1.cpp) truxton: Balance between instrument sounds is incorrect. (Aaron Giles)
- 08128: [Sound] (exidy440.cpp) crossbow, cheyenne: Certain sounds don’t play. (hap)
- 08231: [Sound] (megadriv.cpp) genesis and clones [ejim2u]: YM2612 “ladder effect” sounds wrong. (Aaron Giles)
- 08365: [DIP/Input] (subsino2.cpp) queenbee: Identified three DIP switches. (Steven Coomber)
- 08366: [Sound] (xain.cpp) xsleena and clones: Sound effects and music do not play. (AJR)
- 08370: [Crash/Freeze] (timex.cpp) tc2048: Emulator crashes on start. (holub)
- 08371: [Crash/Freeze] (luckybal.cpp) luckybala, luckybalb, luckybalc: Emulator crashes with access violation. (hap)
- 08378: [Documentation] Source file path display needs to be adjusted for new folder layout. (Vas Crabb)
- 08379: [Sound] (asterix.cpp) asterix: Some sound effects to not play. (hap)