- A setting to allow joypad input when SameBoy is not in focus was added to both frontends
- The SDL GUI now follows the user-configured Game Boy palette
- The SDL frontend now supports Game Boy palettes exported from the Cocoa port, and now includes 7 new palettes to choose from
- The scrollbar in the SDL frontend is now draggable
- The SDL GUI now correctly allows using the user-configured buttons in its menu
- An OpenAL audio driver is now available for Linux and other Unix users in the SDL port
- Up to two joypad hotkeys may now be configured to perform actions such as pausing and saving states in both frontends
- The softbreak debugger command was given a better description
- Both frontends will now warn you if progress cannot be saved when loading a ROM
- Game Boy Player (using CPU AGB A) is now a selectable Game Boy Advance revision
- Emulated a glitch where a misconfigured window can insert pixels between tiles on models prior to the Game Boy Color, fixes Star Trek - 25th Anniversary
- Fixed a window-related regression, affecting edge cases where WX=0
- Accuracy improvements to emulation of the Game Boy Camera
- Accurate emulation of JOYP switching delay on the DMG
- Realistic emulation of button bouncing while keeping lag to a minimum
- Fixed a bug where SameBoy crashed on Windows 7 when using turbo while the XAudio driver was in use
Misc Internal Changes
- Fixed a potential memory corruption when SameBoy is used as a library in a C++ project
- corrects an error in Amiga HAM output that transposed red and blue channel modifications;
- improves Amiga sprite display: for programs that use both DMA and direct sprite accesses, and with regard to playfield interactions; and
- rejigs the macOS binding to try to reduce CPU load and avoid a potential audio-ending race condition. Though it is now worse at scheduling across multiple CPU cores so there might be further swings of the pendulum yet to come.
- Added "Settings|Input|Pass right mouse button to guest?" toggle.
- Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.
- Items RENAMED (11): (doaab) to (doaae), (m4addrc__e) to (m4nnww2__hx3), (m4addrc__f) to (m4nnww2__hx4), (m4addrc__n) to (m4nnww2__hx5), (sfight2) to (sfightii), (sfight2a) to (sfightiia), (sfight2b) to (sfightiib), (smb) to (smbp), (smb1) to (smbpa), (smb2) to (smbpb) and (smb3) to (smbpc).
- Series NEW (1): Marble Madness.
- Series UPDATED (6): Arkanoid, Cookie & Bibi, Dead or Alive, Moon Cresta, Star Force and Wonder Boy.