- Added Gameboy Printer emulation
- Added GBS playback feature
- Added "scale" button
- Semi-overhauled menu: now colorized, and does not interrupt emulation.
- Improved Super Gameboy emulation
- Selectable custom borders
- Reduced autosaving lag (results may vary between flashcards and SD cards)
- Implemented the halt bug (fixes The Smurfs)
- Wram register has unused bits set (fixes Metal Gear Solid)
- More fixes to emulation accuracy, sound, etc
- Stability fixes (most notably for sleep mode), many other minor bugfixes
Some project renaming, including renaming the client to EmuHawk
DO NOT extract this release over a previous release, it needs to be in its folder, and a fresh config.ini
- Events library
* integrate all events into the registered function System
* Allow all events to have multiple functions registered
* Remove all legacy register events in favor of the events library (for more info see the Lua documentation for more information)
* Add event.onmemoryexecute() for some cores (for more info see the Lua documentation for more information)
* Add more core support for event.onmemoryread() and event.onmemorywrite()
* emu.oninputpoll() - Support all cores
- Function reorg - move many client specific function out of the emu library, other misc changes (for more info see the Lua documentation for more information)
- Add emu.getregister() and emu.getregisters()
- Multitouch control fix
- The emulated SCSI card previously supported only the ProDOS block interface; it now supports the "SmartPort" interface as well, thereby improving Apple II compatibility.
- When a Mac folder, extracted from a Shrinkit archive with Shrink-Fit X, is mounted as a ProDOS disk, Virtual ][ automatically uses the file types and other metadata provided by Shrink-Fit X.
- When a Mac folder, mounted as a Prodos disk, is ejected from Virtual ][, the Finder now shows the updated file structure correctly.
- Some of the demo Applescripts didn't work correctly because of Mavericks' app nap; this has been fixed.
- Added an Applescript command that makes it easy to have a script pause until the virtual machine displays a specific screen. The script "Mockingboard demo" demonstrates this technique.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the memory of an Apple //e to be incorrectly initialized.
- Ctrl+Shift+I toggles Inverse Text.
- New option -invert-text.
- Added external character generator support.
- Many new keymaps. -keymap help for a list.
- New option -machine-keyboard selects layout for machine.
- New machine Dragon 200-E.
- Fix CoCo RAM select detection.
- More accurate sound timing.
- FIXED CRASHES on pre-Honeycomb devices, accidentally introduced in VGBA 4.2.8.
- Updated and extended Yu-Gi-Oh! Worldwide Edition Cheatopedia entry, by public demand.
- Added Naruto Ninja Council to the Cheatopedia.
- Added Naruto Ninja Council 2 to the Cheatopedia.
- Added Medal of Honor: Infiltrator to the Cheatopedia.
- Added Medal of Honor: Underground to the Cheatopedia.
- Added Metalgun Slinger to the Cheatopedia.
- FIXED CRASHES on pre-Honeycomb devices accidentally introduced in Speccy 2.1.2.
- Added "Computer Model" option for selecting Spectrum model.
- Added "Input Devices" option for selecting joysticks and mice.
- Added "Upload to DropBox" menu option to save game to DropBox.
- Added "Download from DropBox" menu option to load game from DropBox.
- Added "Browse DropBox" menu option to browse DropBox contents.
- Now allowing to become NetPlay server if can't register with global directory.
The version number jump may be small, but this is a major update. Including great new features like: Full Retina display 3D graphics, PAL video timing for European games and a new fullscreen mode. Plus several major optimizations and over 50 bug fixes and compatibility improvements.
- EMU7800.D2D: Included EMU7800.Launcher.exe to enable launching of ROMs not recognized by EMU7800 D2D
- EMU7800.D2D: Corrected paddle swapping
- EMU7800.D2D: Minor correction in .a78 file recognition
- Project format updates to VS2013 (applicable to source release only)
- No changes to the core emulation library
- No changes to EMU7800 Classic
One month after the 4.0.1 release we're releasing the maintenance release 4.0.2. It turned out that some critical regressions had slipped into the 4.0 release due to the major changes linked to the wii-network branch and the global user directory changes.
In particular, one of the fixed issues was related to incorrect usage of wxWidgets and caused various problems with general Dolphin usage on Windows systems with Unicode characters in their user name (e.g. "François" or "あいうえお").
Some rather technical issues caused multiple games to stop booting or to freeze randomly. We've had multiple issue reports on this bug, so it's great to see that we were able to fix this properly.
As for the binary release packages, we unfortunately can only provide Windows builds at the moment. As usual, OS X and Linux users can compile the source themselves by checking out the source from the 4.0.2 git tag. The Windows installers can be found on our downloads page, https://dolphin-emu.org/download/. We hope to be able to provide binaries for other systems in the future, though.