- The 7-Zip library (7z.dll) is now supported. Said DLL is now included with the latest version of the DLL Package, which should be automatically re-downloaded and extracted during the normal update process. In addition to enabling support for .7z archives (and a few other types), the 7z interface also supplants the old zlib interface for .zip files (although it will still be used as a fallback in case 7z.dll is unavailable.) The new interface includes better technology, such as archive caching.
- The floppy drive LED panes now turn yellow while a disk is being written to.
- If Control is depressed while selecting a MIDI reset command in the options, the selected reset command will be issued to the device. (It will not account for unapplied changes to the output device, however.) Double-clicking also has the same effect.
- Clicking the text on either side of MIDI Input/Output Delay in the options will now toggle the value between its default and minimum.
- DirectDraw was sometimes being initialized unnecessarily.
- MIDI output data was getting lost under certain circumstances.
- A certain (valid) MIDI command was being issued, probably unnecessarily, that was causing the MIDI interface for the on-board synthesizer engine of sound cards from a particular manufacturer to stop outputting sound until the device was reopened. (The X68000 itself is not prohibited from sending such messages, although it probably doesn't happen in practice.)
- Game name detection (as used with the notes files) had some weaknesses.
- Fixed sound buffer underrun behaviour, it will now cause a small glitch and no longer disable sound or flood the log with warnings.
- Do not write the log to a file instead of stdout when stdout is already redirected to a file or pipe, so we can do just that on the shell.
- At exit, put quotes around parameters of the regenerated command line options so eg filenames with spaces in them will not break it.
- Suppress warnings about duplicated labels when playing back monitor commands to make mrsid a happy bunny.
- For cartridges that contain RAM that can be loaded from (and saved to) a file, do not init RAM on powerup if backed up by a file (mimic battery backup).
- Do not clear the keyboard input when a 'reset' hotkey was pressed. this allows to "hold" keys when pressing reset, for example "run/stop" when resetting FC3. Note that this still is limited by various other things, like the keyboard mapping and keys reserved by your window manager.
- FFMPEG recordings now default to mp4/h264/AAC instead of some divx avi bullshit.
- On smart attach automatically change the drive type also when not autostarting.
- In some cases the wrong drive was selected automatically on smart attach.
- Fixed sampler file loading.
- Version x.y.0 builds will now generate a version number of x.y (no .0). Additionally, support for semver style build labels has been added, allowing versions such as 3.6-beta, 3.6.1-beta, etc.
- Make configure check for *both* avresample and swresample, prefer swresample.
- MacOS bindist support for bundling avresample.
- Added belgian/dutch keymap provided by sorex.
- Added support for the 21sec backup parallel cable.
- Set default ram size for ramlink to 16mb, enable it on ROM attach.
- Fix ramlink API calls for slot0, add missing ROM image setting to UIs.
- Various MMU mapping fixes.
- Tracked down and helped fixing an upstream GTK bug that made VICE crash on any keypress under certain conditions, making VICE work again for Jazzcat :)
- Fixed default joystick/gamecontroller mappings on Windows/Linux/MacOS.
- Fixed mapping logic to handle multiple events and duplicate mappings correctly.
- Allow negative coordinates for windows, this should fix restoring the window position that was broken on some multi-monitor setups.
- Monitor: remember and restore VTE window size and position.
* Make the monitor window "remember" its position and size between invocations.
* Allow setting the position and size via command line, using `-monitorxpos`, `-monitorypos`, `-monitorwidth` and `-monitorheight`.
* Position and size is saved along with the settings.
- Made joystick/control port tabs only show the extra ports when they are available.
- Mouse pointer changes shape when hovering over clickable status bar items.
- CPU speed / FPS settings added to the main menu.
- Correctly use the LED colors for drives > 8.
- Fixed drive/tap popup menu labels, only display "#8:0" etc if the drive is a dual drive device in the context menus and directory popup menus. Only show "Directory of tape #1/#2" in xpet, show "Directory of tape" in other emulators.
- Added statusbar led for shiftlock.
- Added clickable 40/80colums LED to x128.
- Added clickable LED for the CAPS aka DIN/ASCII key in x128.
- Properly update both keyboard debugging widgets on x128.
- Don't grey-out sound setting widgets when sound is disabled, so configuration can be changed before enabling sound again.
- Various fixes related to the new hotkeys feature:
* Allow for a few more modifiers when setting hotkeys.
* Filter certain modifiers that are only getting in the way (eg numlock).
* Remove old hotkey from the table when redefining.
* Make Return/Enter trigger Accept in the dialog, make Escape trigger Cancel.
* Only show actions that have a corresponding menu item.
* Use hardware keycodes to figure out the key that was pressed. fixes eg the situation on macOS that hotkeys could not be defined because they produce various symbols.
- Fixed mapping logic to handle multiple events and duplicate mappings correctly.
- Fixed macOS bindist not working if placed in path with a space in it. Also the runtime cwd will now default to the userâ€™s home directory, unless launched using the CLI scripts in the root bin folder in which case the current cwd will be preserved.
- Gtk3: added MacOS specific .vhk (hotkey) files.
- FFMPEG recordings now work on Apple Silicon binary distributions
- The launcher .app apps no longer require Rosetta on Apple Silicon
- Crash with RAM set to 1024 MB fixed
- 3DS: Add Jaxe, A5200 and WASM4 cores
- 3DS: Fix rotation
- ARCHIVE: Allow loading files from archive subdirectory
- AUDIO: Remove frame limit from audio batch callback. Before, if a core used the audio batch callback, there would be a hidden cap of 1024 on the number of audio frames that could be sent. If a core exceeded this value, any excess samples were silently discarded. While this is sufficient for ‘normal’ samplerates/framerates, it means that e.g. a core using the batch callback to send 44100 Hz audio at 30 fps with would have entirely broken sound. This has been fixed by removing the audio batch frame limit.
- AUDIO/RESAMPLER/NEON: Implement sinc kaiser NEON function
- CHEEVOS: Reset hardcore default to enabled; show message when trying to load state in hardcore
- CHEEVOS: Fix memory map conversion
- CHEEVOS: Check netplay status when unlocking achievements
- CHEEVOS: Support for hashing buffered NDS ROMs
- CHEEVOS: Fix hung task whe badge doesn’t exist
- CLI: Load save states from command-line or playlist
- CORE INFO CACHE/SETTINGS: Restore missing ‘Cache Core Info Files’ menu entry
- DATABASE: Serial scanning for Gamecube/MegaCD/SegaCD/Saturn/PSX/PSP/Dreamcast/Wii
- D3D10/D3D11: Add Vsync swap interval
- EMSCRIPTEN: Add Jaxe, WASM4 cores
- FILE IO: Fix incorrect file names for remap files when the content path doesn’t have a preceding slash
- INPUT/OVERLAY: Added support for showing the overlay behind the menu instead of in front. This is currently only supported on the GL, Vulkan, D3D 9/10/11/12 and 3DS drivers.
- INPUT/UDEV: Convert abs mouse from screen to viewport coordinates; fix relative mouse coords
- INPUT/WAYLAND: Ignore mouse clicks on window decoration
- INPUT/WAYLAND: Add scroll wheel support
- LINUX: Added support for Linux GameMode (https://github.com/FeralInteractive/gamemode), which can be toggled on/off in the Power Management or Latency settings menus.
- LOCALIZATION: Fetch translations from Crowdin
- LOCALIZATION: Add Indonesian, Swedish and Ukrainian language options
- LOCALIZATION/MENU/RGUI: Enable Indonesian and Swedish localisations for RGUI
- LOGGING: Logging cleanups
- LOGGING: Stop logging FPS statistics twice on quit
- LOGGING: Log font rendering backend only once
- HOTKEYS: Added a hotkey toggle for the on-screen technical statistics.
- HOTKEYS: Add delay + acceleration to volume hotkeys
- MENU: Add option for showing notifications only in menu
- MENU/RGUI: Add Finnish to supported languages
- MENU/XMB: Optional vertical list item fade
- MENU/XMB/OZONE: Category + History/Favorites icons
- NETWORK: Fix dummy notification – no longer shows a netplay initialization failed notification when netplay is not enabled
- NETWORK: LAN addresses only for UPnP – Some router devices might accept non-LAN addresses without raising an error.
- NETWORK: Filter out non-connectable rooms. Add an option for filtering out non-connectable netplay rooms.
- NETWORK: Netplay spectator notification fix. Fix double notification when the host switches to spectator.
- NETWORK: Prevents long-term pausing from clients dishonoring allow pausing
- NETWORK/LOBBY: Lobby Viewer: Filter out rooms that are not running RetroArch
- NETWORK/LOBBY: Lobby Viewer: Display a non-connectable tag to non-connectable rooms
- NETWORK/LOBBY: Host: Display warning if we are announcing to the internet but our room isn’t connectable from there
- NETWORK/RELAY: Custom relay server support – Add support for custom user-ran relay servers
- NETWORK/RELAY: Replace Canadian relay server with Singapore relay server. Current relays: New York/USA, Madrid/Spain, Sao Paulo/Brazil, Singapore
- NETWORK/UPNP: Various refactors/improvements, no more dependent on miniupnpc
- NETWORK/UPNP: Various UPnP binding fixes for specific routers
- NETWORK/UPNP: Accept IGD v2 service types
- NETWORK/UPNP: Delay lobby server announcing – delay the announcing in order to give UPnP’s port forwarding more time. Fix the remaining truncation warnings.
- NETWORK/UPNP: Smart interface selection – Find the most suitable address for UPnP by scoring interfaces on how close their address is to the device’s address
- OPENGL1: Fix buffer overflow – RetroArch would sometimes crashes at startup when loading asset textures with GL1 driver
- PS3: PSL1GHT port added to Gitlab CI
- VULKAN: Double combined image sampler descriptor pool size – fix segfaults with AMD GPUs using RADV
- VULKAN: Emulate mailbox only with Vsync enabled – otherwise have it disabled – useful for VRR/G-Sync/FreeSync
- VULKAN/SWAPCHAIN: Vulkan max swapchain images option adjustments: removed value 1, since it won’t be used – Video reinit on change, so that there is no need to restart or toggle fullscreen
- VULKAN/HDR: HDR support – tested on Windows
- WAYLAND: Add libdecor for client side decoration
- WAYLAND: Use any display for initial metrics
- WAYLAND: Fix the window closing, if RetroArch is build without libdecor
- WAYLAND: Use checked sizes in EGL resize
- WAYLAND: Fix window title update
- WEBOS: Fix webOS build and run
- WIIU: Fix rotation
- UWP/XBOX: Fix content over 4GB (approx) failing to load, improve/speed up copy/load times
- UWP/XBOX: Fix scanning for playlists
- UWP/XBOX: Move content copied to LocalState to a dedicated dir and clear on startup
- UWP/XBOX: Make content copy to a specific cache directory in the LocalState folder when it’s copied
- UWP/XBOX: Auto delete VFS cache dir on startup
- UWP/XBOX: Make resolution switching automatic and fix angle output issues
- UWP/XBOX: Force ANGLE to render at 1080p regardless of screensize as the output is 1080p regardless of screensize. This fixes an issue where at 4k any angle output would be zoomed into a corner.
- UWP/XBOX: Set resolution based on display resolution (auto 4k)
- UWP/XBOX: Set driver to D3D11 if booting with opengl
- UWP/XBOX: Reset width and height of output on boot to match display
- UWP/XBOX: Mitigate need for VFS cores on NTFS drives
- UWP/XBOX: Make check for standard I/O by access rather than the just assuming based on path string
- UWP/XBOX: Add code to auto permissions so files can be accessed by non VFS cores (no exFAT or FAT32 support yet)
- Better cursor focus tracking, less likely to have an invisible cursor when KEGS is no longer the active window.
- F5 now toggles the status display at the bottom on/off. This state can be saved in config.kegs.
- Added Dynapro image support--mount a host directory as a ProDOS image of up to 32MB, to allow easy moving of files to/from emulation. See README.dynapro.txt.
- Add limited Video Overlay Card (VOC) support to add new SHR mode of 640x400 (interlaced).
- You can "D"uplicate any disk image to a new file, and "V"erify any ProDOS image.
- Debugger: enhanced L I (log illegal instructions) feature.
- Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.
- Games for MSX computers: 4x4 Off-Road Racing, 7 Differences, Adel, Ale Hop!, Alien Syndrome, Alpine Ski, Amazonas, Arcus, Arcus II: Silent Symphony, Attacked, Bad Max, Barbarian, Barbarian II: The Dungeon of Drax, Basaro Attacker, Beyond
- The Gate of Charon, Beyond 2
- The Moon of Charon, Blasteroids, Boardello, Buru to Marty Kikiippatsu
- Inspecteur Z, Carlos Seinz, Castle of Blackburn, Cat and Wolf, Chubby Gristle, Cita con Rama, Colossus Chess 4.0, Cosmos Club, Crusader, Cubit, De Sekte, De Sprinter, Detective Orson Welles, Diablo, Dr. Jackle and Mr. Wide, Dragon City, Dragon Knight, Dragon Knight II, Dropgame, El Mago de Oz, Elidon, F-Zeru, F-Zeru Ex, Fahrenheit 451, Flash Gordon, Foot Volley, Frantic, Garbage Man, Gary Lineker's Superstar Soccer, Goody, Goody
- MSX2, Guillermo Tell, Gulliver, Guru Logic, Guru Logic
- MSX2, Hard Boiled, HardBall!, Hot Shoe, Ice Breaker, Jack the Nipper, Jack the Nipper II: In Coconut Capers, Jimmy Quest, Jumping Rabbit, Kaigan Monogatari, Krypton, La Geste d'Artillac, La Isla del Tesoro, Life in the Fast Lane, Lonesome Tank, Lorna, Mad Mix Game, Mad Mix II: en el Castillo de los Fantasmas, Mahjong Shikaku, Manic Matrix, Matrix, MaxPoker, Maze Master, Maze Max, Meganova, Mi-Chi Tetris, Milk Race, Miraculus, Monopoly, MSX Rugby, Mythos, Nobunaga no Yabou: Zenkoku Ban, Nobunaga no Yabou: Zenkoku Ban
- MSX2, Nyanpi, Ogre, Operation Wolf, Osamachan Shiohigari, Panic Junction, Panzer Attack, Perico Delgado Maillot Amarillo, Perry Mason: The Case of the Mandarin Murder, Playhouse Strippoker, Playhouse Strippoker
- MSX2, Pocky, Police Academy, Police Academy II, Psycho Ball, Pyramid, Rambo III, Randar no Bouken, RoboCop, Roger Rubbish, Ryukyu, Scrabble Triton, Seilane, Shark Hunter, Silfi, Silviana, Silviana
- English, Sito Pons 500cc., Smack Wacker, Solo, Splash, Squeek, Super Cooks, Super Cross Force, Super Doors, Supertripper, Sushi, Tempo Typen, Test Driver, The Light Corridor, The Living Daylights, The Protector, The Return of Ishtar, The Running Man, Time Scanner, Trebol, Troxx, Tuma-7, Tumego 120, Ulises, Undead Line, Vampire, WEC Le Mans, What's Michael?, Woody Poco, World Games, Xenon, Zatsugaku Olympic, Zero Gravity, Zona 0
- Adjusted so that when the current screen mode (integer multiple enlargement) of full screen mode in status non-display is set, a larger screen can be displayed when the screen ratio is Y: 400 or more and less than 480 with respect to X: 640.
- Added 3x (1920x1200) and 4x (2560x1600) to the display size. Also supports when the external image filter is OFF. Due to the margins on the operation setting screen, only the external image filter ON / OFF setting is set, and the resolution setting is changed to only select from the GUI menu.
- Added MB273xx series (0.899) and FMTV-xxx series (0.833) setting buttons to the aspect ratio setting dialog.
- Fixed an issue where dust may be displayed in the four corners of the screen when the current screen mode (integer magnification) is set in full screen mode.
- Fixed the problem that the mounts of drives 2 and 3 are not displayed properly in FM-77 mode when 320KB FDD is set to OFF (V1).
- Unify the format by removing the "." At the end of the dialog item.
- Fixed issues in full screen with fixed aspect ratios and garbage being displayed on the screen.