- Fixed all the bugs that did not allow the proper functioning of many gamepads. Are now properly recognized all those tested (XBOX 360 controller, DualShock 2, DualShock 3, DualShock 4, Twin USB Joystick and many other [Thx to Kirkor and to the other "volunteers"]). Linux and Windows versions.
- Added support for the UNIF mappers : UOROM, TC-U01-1.5M, SA-NROM, SLROM, 22211, TLROM, TBROM, TKROM, Sachen-8259C, SA-016-1M, Sachen-8259D, ANROM.
- The shared-mode WASAPI sound driver is now the default on Windows where available(Windows Vista and newer), rather than DirectSound as before.
- More precise emulation thread->video thread video update timing.
- NES: Added support for iNES mapper 159.
- NES: Added emulation of EEPROM for iNES mapper 16.
- NES: Various bugfixes to code for iNES mappers 69, 71, and 80.
- NES: Fixed incomplete default PowerPad button assignments.
- NES: Fixed some bugs and a design flaw that were breaking netplay with a Zapper.
- PCE, PC-FX: Changes to sound resampling algorithms to avoid consuming excessive amounts of CPU time at higher(96+KHz) output rates.
- PC-FX: Battery-backed save game memory is now committed to file/disk during runtime shortly after a game finishes writing to it.
- PS1: Minor improvements to GPU emulation accuracy.
- PS1: Fixed a memory corruption issue with emulated lightguns.
- WonderSwan: Greatly improved noise sound channel emulation accuracy(thanks to trap15 for running tests).
- Increased joystick deadzone to make Xbox 360 wireless controllers usable under Windows 8.1
- Added the ability to swap input jacks via the W key
- No changes to the core emulation library
- No changes to EMU7800 Classic
- Added box art downloader that searches and downloads game box images.
- Gameplay saved back to DropBox after you are done playing.
- Made decorative backdrop optional (see "General | Show Portrait Backdrop").
- You can now supply your own backdrop in /sdcard/ColEm/Backdrop.png.
- Added "Download Box Art" option to the File Selector menus.
- Gallery now shows box art, as well as screenshots.
- Added the ability to mark and filter games using custom tags.
- Multiple rom paths can now be specified in each emulator configuration.
- Multiple paths can now be specified for each artwork resource.
- If an artwork path contains a subdirectory that matches a rom's name, then a random video or image from that subdirectory is loaded.
- Added support for setups where each rom is stored in a separate subdirectory.
- The frontend can now run in windowed, fullscreen, or the default "fill screen" mode
- There is no longer a special "movie" artwork. Any artwork or static image can now contain images or videos. Videos are given preference if found.
- Added commands to add/remove custom tags, jump to the next letter, jump to the previous letter, and to launch the screensaver.
- Fixed image flipping on scaled images
- Fixed text scaling
- Fixed video crash
- Various small improvements to the overlay menus
- Improved screensaver
Layouts and Plug-ins
- Added "Surface" objects for layouts, which are offscreen textures that other images, videos, texts and surfaces can be drawn onto. The surface itself is treated like any other image and can have effects such as skew, pinch, shaders, etc. applied to it.
- Improved layout control over video playback (see the "video_flags" and "video_playing" attributes)
- Added a file_name attribute so that scripts can directly get/set the image/video filename for any artwork or static image
- Layout and plugin scripts now have access to squirrel's standard "blob", "io", and "system" libraries.
- Reworked and simplified the interface for how plug-ins can access to external commands (the "fe.plugin_command()" functions).
- Added initial support for script library modules.
Notes for those upgrading
- This update will likely break existing plug-ins (any plug-in that interfaces with an external program using the fe.plugin_command() functions)..
- Added Original Dithering for GPU software mode in video menu , no more banding!
- Added New Exclusive Feature! Onscreen Remote controller:
* Use up to 4 different android devices to play up to 4 players on 1 screen!
* read the forum for how to use.
- Added German language (thx to Starforce)
- Fixed SDcard detection on somes devices
- Fixed Multi buttons mapping
- Many small bug fixes
- Fixed a rare crash when shooting lasers.
- Rewrote R-Type laser code to remove a hack and improve performance
- Normalized debris falling speed regardless of which part of the building you destroy
- When a new game starts, all previous R-Type lasers are now wiped out
... has successfully corresponded to a pixel-by-pixel level of real graphical filtering accuracy as with a genuine Nintendo 64.
... two versions of the plugin you can use ...
One of them renders at the "native" NTSC 640x480 resolution, for the N64's digital-to-analog conversion from raw RGB pixels to the TV screen, and the other is fixed to 320x240, which limits the emulation screen to the scope of the frame buffer pixels in RDRAM but is less accurate since the native pre-scale width has to be downscaled from 640 to 320, causing a possible offset of one pixel column.
- Fixed bug with AY Chip and channels with both tone & noise enabled. It's a bit annoying so these sounds are played louder
- Added parent folder to binary and source tar.gz
- Contended memory and real timing for Spectrum, ZX80, ZX81
- Improved real video display (rainbow) for Spectrum and ZX80/81 (non standard & hi-res modes)
- Speeded up Z80 core using 16 bit operations for HL, DE, BC
- Added interlace mode
- Added hotswap machine option
- Added emulation of some other oddities of the Inves Spectrum +: no contended memory, snow in border, colour ula delay, interrupt starts at video display (not at the top of the border)
- Added RAM pack emulation of 32 KB and 48 KB to ZX80/81
- Added idle bus port emulation
- Added option to load and save binary data
- Added option to view CPU & ULA registers
- Added option to save video file
- Improved User Interface: added confirmation to saving operations on menu, showing error messages on menu
- Fixed some bugs with AY Chip (high envelope frequency, tone&noise behaviour)