Releases for Windows operating systems.
- Fixed: state-slot number was not shown in status bar when iterating one by one via hotkeys.
- Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.
- Screen shots are now saved in PNG format.
* In addition to saving disk space, PNG output should also be faster. However, if you don't want PNG files for some reason, you can temporarily change the default by opening the Tools > Screen Save dialog and then selecting the Bitmap filter. You can also disable PNG support entirely by removing ZLIB1.DLL
- A backup, in-memory state file is now made prior to resetting, whether or no initiated by the user. The Undo menu item can be used to load this state file A dialog will provide more details along with an opportunity to cancel.
- (Partly for historical reasons, XM6 sometimes unilaterally resets the VM i response to user actions, such as simultaneously inserting two floppy disks.)
- In addition to resets, the above backstop also applies to a few other events turning the virtual power switch off or pressing the Interrupt button.
* Warning: The above feature is only intended to revert accidental losses. Do not abuse it for other purposes; the undo command will only be available for a few minutes at most. (If you need more time, pause the emulator.)
- The Alt-F5 accelerator was removed so it can potentially be repurposed in th future. There remain three other keys that have the same effect when qualifie with the Alt key: F12, B, and Pause/Break.
- The breakpoints window menu now has a new option (not saved) to retain th current set of breakpoints whenever state is loaded.
- You can now double-click an interrupt vector number to... ah, whom am I kidding?
- Cheats for bytes at even addresses were being exported ambiguously.
- Unpausing emulation by pressing a controller button had some deficiencies.
- Simultaneously loading a state file and multiple floppy disk images no longer causes an automatic reset (which would discard most of the state just loaded).
- Mouse blanking is no longer blocked by minimized/hidden subwindows.
- Input rejection for several state-loading accelerators was recently broken.
- Under certain highly contrived circumstances, it was possible for the VM thread to lock out the GUI thread completely.
- Fix keyboard settings dialog that was broken in v184.108.40.206.
- Command-line options for disk/cart/hard images
- Support for HDD images for the other controller (with ide_doublert5.bin as controler ROM)
- DebugView: red color for changed stack values
- ConsoleView refactoring
- ConsoleView: command to set memory value
- Put back accidentally deleted SID player driver.
- Fixing D3D8/9 problems
* Vertex fog incompatibility (Ephinea PSOBB)
* Device reset bug (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
* Fixing the return values of Check* methods (3DMark 05)
- Changes in the D3D8/9 Debug Layer, some more detailed messages and cosmetics
- Minor changes in the D3D12 D3D backend
- Fixing a DDraw blitter bug (I hope at least) (driver crash with Lego Rock Raiders)
- Fixing a bug in system (GDI) hooking (DX modules cooperating)
- Fixing a certain D3D bug (Midtown Madness 1)
- Fixing a DD/D3D colorkeying bug (Xarlor)
- Other minor internal fixes and changes
- Fix emulator hanging in background after exiting
- Fix corruption bug with the REU swap command. This fixes Sonic the Hedgehog by Mr. Sid.
- Fix the joystick loading of settings to support a blank axis selection.
- Set D64 sector gap to 7 bytes.
- Drive motor linear spin up time added.
- Drive VIA1 Port A improved simulation of floating pins.