Releases with ports for two or more operating systems.
This is a unix-only release, and only contains small bugfixes that should have been taken care of before the last release, but weren't.
- Added zip support.
This version requires you to refresh your ROMs list with File->Refresh List if you are coming from an older version.
- Custom AR Support
- Display client size while resizing
- Fix U+D/L+R behavior when disabled
- Fixed the core detection when playing back a NES/SNES movie.
- Profile config - add a N64 Tool-Assisted Speedruns profile
- Speedup/Slowdown hotkeys - add 300% and 6400% increments
- Play movie - stop on frame textbox - change max length from 3 to 8
- Lua - forms.label - add an optional fixedwidth font param
- Cheats dialog - default to System Bus domain
- Ram Search - fixes to 4 byte searches
- Hex Editor
*Fix highlighting logic on some systems
*Fix stale memory domains when loading a new ROM with the hex editor still open
- Added emulation of Spectrum snow effect
- Added Help menu
- Added tooltips and help for menu options
- Added option to inverse video
- Added joystick emulation with cursors: Kempston, Sinclair 1&2, Cursor Joystick, Cursor & Shift, Fuller, Zebra, Mikro-Gen. Autofire function also
- Added option to disable contended memory
- Added fuller audio box emulation
- Added advanced hardware settings option
- Added menu for stdout driver
- Added border for ZX80/81 and Spectrum on stdout and curses with non-realvideo mode
- Added input spool text file option to simulate keyboard press
- Added option to run custom machine (machine type and custom rom)
- Added autoload tape for ZX80 and ZX81
- Added (again) option to disable border
- Added ZX printer emulation
- Added CPU Statistics option. It is not enabled by default on configure
- Added configuration file
- Added lightgun emulation: Almost perfect emulation of Gunstick from MHT Ingenieros S.L and experimental emulation of Magnum Light Phaser
- Added kempston mouse emulation
- Improved curses and stdout keyboard behaviour
- Fixed "white line moving" efect on ZX80/81 and real video display
- Fixed bug when reading TZX ID 32 type
- Some other minor bugfixes
- Re-added 'uipalette' option due to popular demand (of at least one person :)).
- Fixed bug in Windows port where pressing 'Alt' key combos resulted in an annoying system beep. Currently this is fixed by patching the SDL2 library and including a modified version with Stella.
Ok, finally here is 0.63.11. It is mainly around bug fixes for neocd/neogeo to my dismay, I won't enumerate all the fixes here, see the forum or the git log about that, just know that it's much better now.
Except that I finally added the choice of the opengl filter : until now it has always been "linear", now you can choose "nearest" if you prefer. It is very blocky, but it's your choice. Go to video options / Renderer options to change that. It works only with the texture renderer of course, and I hope there will be more changes for opengl next time.
Also it's the first win32 binary using my new gentoo installation, so it's with a new compiler, and it has brand new dlls. Let's hope everything is ok, it should be ok !
- Mask Overscan option
- Disable GUI option
- Command line interface
- Scale Factor and Filters can be changed while playing
- Zapper support
- Palette and Picture options
- Ability to turn Vsync on/off
- Alternate emulation speed
- libao audio output (handles ALSA, OSS, Pulse, etc)
- More volume controls
- Turbo Buttons A and B
- Fixed scaling
- Fixed keyboard on landscape
- Support device rotation
- New screen scaling and scrolling options
- New settings screen
- Bug fixes
- Fixed a piece of ancient mouse button mapping/reading code that was so broken it worked most of the time; fixes broken mapping of more exotic(other than left, center, and right) physical mouse buttons to virtual buttons.
- Lynx: Fixed a minor stereo sound emulation issue thanks to a patch from "sage".
- Lynx: Fixed a bug that could cause Mednafen to crash when a game attempts to power-down the emulated Lynx(which may occur if a game is left unattended for a prolonged period of time).
- WonderSwan, PC-FX, MD, NGP: Fixed several violations of C/C++ sequence point rules in relation to call order in expressions of functions with side effects, that could lead to undefined/wrong behavior with certain types of compiler optimizations and features(e.g. PC-FX emulation was broken on gcc 4.9.x with -fsanitize=undefined -std=gnu++11).
- Corrected a bug relating to missing firmware and null emulator
- Open ROM now allows you to select .GBA files
- Changed Muppen Style Lag to Non-VI Lag Frames
- BIOS can be skipped for movie recording. BIOS is still required to play games.