Releases with ports for two or more operating systems.
The latest release, published on October 15 2014, comes with support for cheat codes, in AAAA-DD and AAAA-DDDD formats, and the Cheat Hunter tool for finding your own cheat codes in any game. To start searching for cheat codes, press F5 and select "Search Cheats".
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 01007: [Sound] (simpsons.c) simpsons: Some in-game samples such as
"maggie" and "that's my sister mister" sound bad. (Alex Jackson)
- 05705: [DIP/Input] (segas18.c) ddcrew: Player 3 buttons not working (Osso)
- 05700: [Graphics] (terracre.c) amazon, amatelas: lag/desync between
sprites and background (Alex Jackson)
- 03395: [Sound] (nmk16.c) macross2: Music emulation is not 100% perfect
(a balance issue) (trap15)
- 02422: [Sound] (nmk16.c) mustang: Sound communication might be incorrectly
- 02417: [Sound] (nmk16.c) NMK004 sound CPU is just (imperfectly) simulated
for now. (trap15)
- 01117: [Graphics] (nmk16.c) macross2: After some versions, I noticed a different
gfx overlap priority between hugest ships and weapon pickups in Macross2. (trap15)
1.46.2 is another quick unix-only bugfix release.
- Ram Tools - support poking frozen values, fixes issue 266
- Ram Tools - Fix stale memory domain issues in Ram Watch and Ram Search when restarting a ROM (affected platforms such as Atari 2600)
- Hotkey/controller dialog fix ups
- Exit program hotkey
- Lua - remove cleartype from DrawText
- Fix bug in recent roms explore option for paths with commas
- Right-click options on recent items in recent menus
- Fix replay dialog "stop at frame" field to allow 10 digits instead of 3
- Fix always getting a "movie was written to disk" message when stopping a movie, will now only say so if it actually was saved to disk
- When loading a movie, gracefully handle a movie/rom system id mismatch
- Recent Movie autoload - don't crash if movie file couldn't be found, fix logic that opens the Open Rom dialog if Autoload rom is not picked
- Fix crash when end of cd is reached
- Fix Seeking when playing audio tracks. Gotta seek fast!
- Add GBA tab to path config
- Make jabo the default plugin
- Fix Gui freezes while a game still runs in the background on minimizing then maximizing
- Change the expansion slot override notion. If a game in the gamdb has the expansion slot override, override the user's choice, but don't change the sync setting (otherwise all games they load afterward will be set to this). In the N64 menu item, show the checked status based on if the core is actively using the expansion slot, not whether the sync setting is set. If the gamedb is overriding the user's choice make it clear by disabling the menu item. This commit message is longer than the changeset itself.
- Bugfix for catastrophic failure in Controller config dialog. Thanks to ggn for reporting this! [Shamus]
- Added controller profiles. What this means is that if you left your gamepad behind and/or have a different one, VJ will let you create a controller config for the new controller without destroying the old one. This also means that if you have *no* controllers, you can still play VJ with the keyboard. [Shamus]
- Fixed a few problems with the DSP a timing; as a result, the sound in Rayman and the FACTS demo is correct now. [Shamus]
- Removed toolbar from full screen mode. [Shamus]
- Added analog inputs to gamepad support. [Shamus]
- Fixed 6MB cartridge space access limitation. 6MB carts should work now. [Shamus]
- Fixed problem with JERRY interrupts corrupting the M68K core. [Shamus]
This contains code to guard against the possibility of a malicious CP/M program overwriting or deleting important files on the host computer or crashing JOYCE. If you use JOYCE / ANNE to run CP/M programs downloaded from the Internet, I recommend that you upgrade to this version.
- Added custom palettes. To make a custom palette for Game.rom, create Game.pal containing 16 #RRGGBB values, one per line. This palette file will be loaded automatically.
- Added cheat codes. To make cheat codes for Game.rom, create Game.cht containing codes in 00AAAAAA-DD and 00AAAAAA-DDDD formats, one per line. The cheat file will be loaded automatically.
- AAAAAA is the ROM address and DD is the value to write there. For 16bit values, use DDDD.
- To enable cheat codes, select "Hardware | Cheats" in fMSX-Windows, or press F8 and select "Cheats | Enable".
- To edit cheat codes, press F8 and select "Cheats".
- New machines - IBM PCjr
- New graphics cards - Diamond Stealth 3D 2000 (S3 ViRGE/325), S3 ViRGE/DX
- New sound cards - Innovation SSI-2001 (using ReSID-FP)
- CPU fixes - Windows NT now works, OS/2 2.0+ works better
- Fixed issue with port 3DA when in blanking, DOS 6.2/V now works
- Re-written PIT emulation
- IRQs 8-15 now handled correctly, Civilization no longer hangs
- Fixed vertical axis on Amstrad mouse
- Serial fixes - fixes mouse issues on Win 3.x and OS/2
- New Windows keyboard code - should work better with international keyboards
- Changes to keyboard emulation - should fix stuck keys
- Some CD-ROM fixes
- Joystick emulation
- Preliminary Linux port
Yet another small update for the 0.63 version, it adds command line switches for opengl options and to select the region, use raine -h to see the options. Except that some fixes again, to launch some neocd games from the command line, and for a very special crash of garou (not of raine !), when using raster emulation, for this one the fix is not ideal but it will do for now, there was too much heat last week to do anything really serious !
Also I re-enabled some optimizations which were disabled long ago in the win32 binary, when the compiler was not so good. Maybe it would be time to start making binaries for pentium4 instead of pentium, but I don't think the improvements would be noticeable and there's a risk some old system couldn't run the binary, so I'll keep pentium builds for now...