Releases with ports for two or more operating systems.
- fix: avoid crash when using the command line option -tc
- fix: corrected template version displayed in the about box
- fix: fixed a strange bug with emulator options not displaying with Qt versions somewhere between 5.13 and 5.15 (also runs with earlier Qt versions, actually it did all the time :))
- fix: fixed the palette editor not returning the right values
- fix: rank item widgets are now drawn “five items further” than before which should fix most visual artifacts
- imp: updated bundled minizip-ng to 3.0.5 (thanks to Julian Sikorski)
- imp: updated bundled zlib to 1.2.12
- imp: updated bundled LZMA SDK to 21.07
- imp: updated the emulator configuration templates to MAME 0.243
- imp: updated the about box to not use deprecated constants but new methods; also changed the given URLs
- imp: revised the storing of play history and favorites
- imp: removed the bundled Qt translations
- inf: QMC2 Arcade more or less doesn’t work right now
- inf: the ’embedder’ is totally hidden for now, that is, also on Windows
- Many compatibility improvements: Operation WinBack 2, Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, 007: Agent Under Fire, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Powerdrome and many others improved their status. There are now over 500 playable games (approx. 25%) reported in the compatibility tracker!
- Fixed dual-layer DVD issues in Champions of Norrath.
- Fixed memory card issues in Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel.
- Fixed hang that could occur while playing FPS sections of Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers.
- Added CD-ROM CHD support.
- Added code to prevent freeze in PLOT under certain circumstances.
MAME Testers bugs fixed
- 05533: [Crash/Freeze] (rastersp.cpp) fbcrazy: Fatal error about eight seconds after starting system. (Paul-Arnold)
- 07568: [Crash/Freeze] (seattle.cpp) hyprdriv: Emulated game freezes while music continues to play. (Ted Green)
- 07823: [DIP/Input] (vegas.cpp) nbanfl, nbagold: Watchdog reset when switching between test menus. (Ted Green)
- 08064: [Graphics] (vegas.cpp) gauntleg, gauntleg12, gauntdl, gauntdl24: Screen tearing and inconsistent frame rate. (Ted Green)
- 08203: [Graphics] (metro.cpp) karatour, karatourj, ladykill, 3kokushi: Graphics and speed issues. (Angelo Salese)
- 08240: [Interface] (apple2gs.cpp) apple2gs: Game I/O joystick input is glitchy. (R. Belmont)
- 08270: [Documentation] (generalplus_gpl16250_nand.cpp) jak_gtg: Release year can be confirmed. (geforcefly)
- 08274: [DIP/Input] (astrocde.cpp) spacezap: Identified DIP switch setting number of lives. (Steven Coomber)
- 08276: [DIP/Input] (ddragon.cpp) ddragon2, ddragon2j: Mission timer DIP switch settings are labelled incorrectly. (Augusto)
- 08280: [DIP/Input] (galaxian.cpp) thepitm: Identified coinage, game speed and game time DIP switch settings. (Steven Coomber)
- 08283: [DIP/Input] (galaxold.cpp) bullsdrtg: Identified coinage, award and cabinet type inputs. (Steven Coomber)
- 08284: [DIP/Input] (wink.cpp) wink, winka: Identified coinage, award and audit clear DIP switch settings. (Steven Coomber)
- 08285: [DIP/Input] (galaxold.cpp) trvchlng: Identified coinage, bonus and attract mode DIP switch settings. (Steven Coomber)
- 08286: [DIP/Input] (galaxian.cpp) takeoff: Lives, bonus life and service mode DIP switch settings are incorrect. (Steve Coomber)
- 08289: [Sound] (looping.cpp) looping: Most sounds do not play. (AJR)
- 08293: [Graphics] (apple2e.cpp) apple2ee: Bad colors after switching from double high resolution to high resolution. (R. Belmont)
- 08294: [Crash/Freeze] (nmk16.cpp) mustangb3: Emulator crashes about 25 seconds after starting system. (Ivan Vangelista)
- 08297: [Crash/Freeze] (suna16.cpp) sunaq: Emulator crashes after answering a question. (Ivan Vangelista)
- 08298: [Documentation] (vegas.cpp) warfa, warfaa, warfab, warfac: Game title is incorrect. (mmarino4)
3.0.11a (Windows and Linux)
- More efficient display updating, so long-running programs that update the display a lot don't waste a lot of CPU time repainting the display faster than the human eye can see, and spend more time actually running the program instead. Note that this update is for Windows and Linux only, because the Android, iOS, and MacOS versions already worked this way.
- Implemented LCLV: CLV for local variables only. The regular CLV now works on global variables only.
- RND in ALL mode now rounds like in SCI 11, instead of doing nothing.
- HEAD, when applied to a string in a numbered register, would corrupt the string if it was 16 characters long before the call (8 characters in the binary version). Fixed.
- Y^X accuracy improvements with integer X.
- Fixed DUPN 2 in 4STK mode. It used to duplicate X into T and Y into Z. DUPN in NSTK mode was not affected by this bug.
- Added WIDTH and HEIGHT functions. These always return 131 and 16, respectively; this may not seem very useful, but can be used in programs that are meant to work in both Free42 and Plus42, to allow them to take advantage of the larger display when running in Plus42.
- L4STK didn't pad the stack to 4 levels when used without FUNC. Fixed.
- Binary version: ROTXY and DATE+ rounded toward negative infinity instead of rounding toward zero. Fixed.
- Windows version: comes in 64-bit and 32-bit versions now.
- Windows and Linux versions: Now support fractional display scaling.
- DX11: Don't create device in debug mode
- Fix VF4FT DIMM cheat, Fixes SH4 exception when run with Mac OS
- Replays: Fix Multithreaded Frame Stepping
- Replays: Fix Multithreaded Stream Buffer Unpause
- Replays/Training: Fix Unintentional Slow Motion after multiple steps
- Training: Disable Multithreaded Frame Step
- Added dedicated Pico/Elf V2 tab
- Fixed multiple crashes which were introduced in V1.45
- Added Quest SuperBasic 5.0 version running on serial terminal
- Improved help pages for Cosmac Elf 2000, Cosmac Elf, Netronics Elf, Super Elf and Cosmac VIP
- Added Pico/Elf V2 help pages