Releases with ports for two or more operating systems.
- In compressed files were not handled correctly the long names of files. Fixed.
- In some circumstances, in the Win64 version, there might be an error loading the necessary dll. Fixed.
- Also in the windows version, it could happen that the list of files in the open rom dialog (Ctrl + O) was not updated when changing the filter. Fixed.
(thanks to mangamuscle for all reports)
- Added support for compressed archives.
- For the windows version is required the "7z.dll" (already included in the installation's zip).
- For the linux version is necessary that the package p7zip is installed in the system.
- Compressed archives supported : 7z, ZIP and RAR (in the linux version only if p7zip is istalled with RAR extension).
- If 7zip/p7zip library are not found, are managed natively just zip archives.
- Fixed savestates load/save
- Minor changes
- PSP Only:
* Timezone is now handled correctly
- Implemented mappers 83, 90, 163, 164, 209, 211, 249.
- Large general speed improvements and assorted bug fixes
- "Software Skinning" option which speeds up many games with animated 3D characters (but may slow down a few, like Monster Hunter - experiment with turning it off)
- Various fixes around stencil/alpha, reducing glow problems in Wipeout and Gods Eater Burst.
- Timing improvements making more games run at the correct FPS, also fixing some audio issues
- More debugger features
- Better looking and individually resizable touch controls
- Automatic install of games from ZIP files, like demos and many homebrew.
- Software renderer improvements
- VERY basic ad-hoc online play support, to be improved in future versions.
- A message error is showed when mednafen gives an error.
- Descriptive error messages via '-remote' option (Only on Linux).
- Gui options have been moved to Edit->Preferences menu.
- Now you can choose which systems are showed. (Thanks to Shinra for the suggestion)
- Now Mednaffe can resize down to 768x516. (Thanks to StarrySky for report it)
- Added an option to remember window size.
- Add support to filter ccd files from CloneCd images.
- Add a desktop file and icons to install on Linux.
- Some minor fixes.
- Now possible to set scanline and fullscreen options when built without OpenGL support
- Includes patches and symbols for Pravetz 8D rom
- Disk and tape image autodetection. Oricutron will now attempt to detect the configuration required for any disk or tape inserted via commandline or menu.
- "Insert disk 0/1" menu items enabled even when no disk drive is enabled. Inserting a disk will use the autodetection routines to determine which drive type to enable.
- Autorun for Jasmin and Pravetz disks
- Fixed crash bug when switching between software and GL rendering on builds using SDL requesters.
- Various AY emulation improvements
- Simplified system timing
- Clipboard paste support
- Now defaults to building with OpenGL support
- Clipboard paste support
- GTK filerequester and messagebox
- Fixed audio click on startup
- All versions except Android: while parsing macros in skin layout files, tab characters were not recognized as whitespace and caused parsing to fail. Fixed.
- GTK version did not repaint the skin when it was switched from one skin to another with the same width and height. Fixed.
- Windows version: downgraded my build environment from Visual C++ 2012 to 6.0. This means the Free42 build for Windows will run on older versions of Windows again.
- Android version: The "external storage" filesystem is no longer referred to by the hard-coded path /sdcard, but using the external storage directory name provided by the Environment. This should help prevent problems like exporting programs and then not being able to find them from the PC.
- The file selection dialog will now append the file extension if the filename doesn't include it already.