- Added support for Sanitarium.
- Added support for Hades Challenge.
- Added support for Marvel Comics Spider-Man: The Sinister Six.
- Added support for The 11th Hour.
- Added support for Clandestiny.
- Added support for Tender Loving Care (CD-ROM Editions).
- Added support for Uncle Henry's Playhouse.
- Added support for Wetlands.
- Added support for Chewy: Esc from F5.
- The project license has been upgraded to GPLv3+.
- Now ScummVM requires C++11 for building.
- Removed support for VS2008, as it doesn't support C++11.
- Implemented enhanced filtering in the Search box. See "Understanding the search box" in the documentation for details.
- Implemented Icon view in GUI (GSoC task).
- Added support for the RetroWave OPL3 sound card.
- Added OpenDingux beta port.
- Removed Symbian port.
- Added the create_engine tool to aid when creating new engines.
- Fixed mouse capture in HiDPI mode.
- The GUI Options dialog now marks settings overridden via command lines in red.
- In GUI launcher it is now possible to group games by different categories.
- GUI launcher has new game icons grid look.
- Added support for Macintosh versions of Manhunter 1-2.
- Synced changes from upstream AGS.
- Elvira 1: Added support for Casio MT-540/CT-460/CSM-1 and CMS/GameBlaster.
- Elvira 1 & 2, Waxworks, Simon the Sorcerer: Added AdLib OPL3 mode. Depending on the game, this will prevent cut-off notes, add extra notes or instruments and/or add stereo.
- Elvira 2, Waxworks: Added support for AdLib and MT-32 sound effects.
- Elvira 2, Waxworks, Simon the Sorcerer floppy: Added Mixed MIDI support (MT-32 music with AdLib sound effects).
- Simon the Sorcerer floppy: Improved AdLib sound effects accuracy.
- Simon the Sorcerer: DOS version music tempos are now accurate. Both DOS and Windows versions now offer the choice of the DOS music tempos or the faster Windows tempos.
- Simon the Sorcerer 2: Improved AdLib and GM support.
- Simon the Sorcerer 2: Added workaround for the missing MT-32 tracks in the intro.
- Fixed the size of the main menu buttons being incorrect in some cases.
- Fixed crash at the end of the Hock-A-Loogie mini game.
- Added support for skipping synchronous audio and video.
- The mouse pointer is now hidden during cutscenes.
- Implemented game pausing via Control-P.
- After saving, the player returns back to the game instead of the Biochip menu.
- The game is now always paused when the Biochip menu or the save/restore dialogs are open.
- Added metadata to saved games, including thumbnails, creation date and play time.
- Saved games are now sorted by slot, like in other engines, instead of being sorted alphabetically.
- The currently selected item is now stored in saved games.
- Comments from Arthur that play in the background can now be stopped with the space key (the same key that replays Arthur's last comment).
- The agent evaluation (current points) can now be shown with Control-D.
- Fixed global flag corruption in death screens.
- Added text to speech for dialogs and object descriptions.
- Added support for ZX Spectrum games with graphics in the Scott sub-engine.
- Added support for the Traditional Chinese versions of Legend of Kyrandia 1 - 3.
- Added sound support for the Macintosh version of Legend of Kyrandia.
- Added support for playing the Macintosh non-talkie version of Legend of Kyrandia 1 directly from the files on the CD. This means you no longer have to run the installer to extract the data files.
- Fixed the rolling bridge state in scene 13.
- Fixed getting stuck when teleporting to the foot in scene 30.
- Fixed inconsistent cactus state.
- Refactored code to allow rendering using the original 256 color palette.
- Fixed endianness issues.
- Added support for the Korean release.
- Added text to speech for dialogs and object descriptions.
- Added support for Text To Speech in SCI floppy games.
- Allow saving from the ScummVM Global Game Menu in the following games: BRAIN1, BRAIN2, ECOQUEST1, ECOQUEST2, FAIRYTALES, PHARKAS, GK1, GK2, ICEMAN, KQ1, KQ4, KQ5, KQ6, KQ7, LB1, LB2, LIGHTHOUSE, LONGBOW, LSL1, LSL2, LSL3, LSL5, LSL6, LSL6HIRES, LSL7, PEPPER, PHANT2, PQ1, PQ2, PQ3, PQ4, PQSWAT, QFG1, QFG1VGA, QFG2, QFG3, QFG4, SHIVERS, SQ1, SQ3, SQ4, SQ5, SQ6, TORIN.
- Fixed many script bugs in KQ6, KQ7, GK2, QFG3, QFG4, Hoyle4.
- Fixed loading autosaves in Shivers and Phantasmagoria 2.
- Added support for Korean fan translations from the scummkor project: EcoQuest 2 and Gabriel Knight 2.
- New Digital iMUSE engine. Support for re-compressed audio files dropped in Full Throttle, The Dig and The Curse of Monkey Island.
- Rewrote music player for Amiga versions of Indy3 and Loom in accordance to the original code.
- Fix missing cursor in the 16-color Macintosh versions of Loom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade after loading a savegame.
- It is now possible to replace the music in the floppy versions of Loom with audio tracks. The ScummVM Wiki has a list of which parts of the Swan Lake ballet the game uses: https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Loom.
- Fixed some MIDI music looping when it shouldn't in EGA/VGA floppy versions of The Secret of Monkey Island.
- Fixed the lava flowing in the wrong direction in the VGA floppy version of The Secret of Monkey Island.
- Fixed Full Throttle distorted graphics when Ben runs past the Corley Motors entrance.
- Fixed the dissolve effect, and Bobbin's palette when leaving the darkened tent in the TurboGrafx-16 version of Loom, to match the original behavior.
- Fixed incorrect dark rooms colors in MM NES on strict-alignment ports such as Dreamcast, Apple silicon and various handheld devices.
- Rewrote text rendering routines for Full Throttle, The Dig and The Curse of Monkey Island in accordance to the original interpreters.
- Rewrote timer handling routines to better approximate both the original hardware behavior and the intepreters' quirks.
- Fix lip syncing in Backyard Baseball 2003.
- Fixed various original game bugs and oversights in most of the LucasArts titles: https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?title=SCUMM/Game_Enhancements. Most of these enhancements can now be disabled in the game's settings if one prefers playing with the original behavior.
- Added sliders for tweaking the CD audio playback in the MI1 CD intro, as well as VGA CD Loom in general. Loom is particularly sensitive to the amount of silence at the start of the track, and the CD version of MI1 never synced the music as well to the intro as previous versions. See the Wiki for more details.
- Detect and reject the EGA floppy version of Monkey Island 1 that Limited Run Games sold in their Monkey Island 30th Anniversary Anthology, if using the default DISK4 image, which is corrupted. It's possible to recover a working image from the KryoFlux dumps they also provided.
- Fixed random number generation which fixes throwing in Backyard Baseball.
- Marked a workaround in Monkey Island 2 (FM-Towns version) as an enhancement; this workaround originally restored a portion of the map chasing puzzle in Booty Island which had been cut in the FM-Towns version of the game.
- Made the sentence line in Maniac Mansion work like the manual says, i.e. you can click on it to execute the command.
- Fixed slowdown in Serrated Scalpel intro when playing the game from a small installation.
- Fixed UI glitches in Serrated Scalpel.
- Fixed not being able to see House in Starfield puzzle.
- Fixed a bug in the collision code that made the game unfinishable due to the tank not moving any further in scene 63.
- Fixed light angle calculation which produced rendering artifacts in a few scenes.
- Fixed polygon rendering method for the boat windows.
- Fixed wrong shooting direction for some actors.
- Fixed door movement in some situations.
- Added hardware acceleration for 3D graphics.
- Improved touch controls.
- Added support for displaying OSD messages on the Touch Bar.
- Added "Portable Mode" in which the executable's directory is used to store application files if a scummvm.ini file is present, instead of the user's profile directory.
- Fixed detection of the Application Data path on Windows 95/98/ME.
RISC OS port
- Added support for dynamic plugins.
- Added a native MIDI driver.
Nintendo DS port
- Fixed screen scrolling when using the Load and Save dialogs.