Releases for Macintosh operating systems.
Fixed a synchronization issue that kept the internal texture buffers unitialized on some machines.
Internal texture size has been doubled (noticable when CRT or blur filter is active).
Fixed a synchronization issue that caused the emulator to crash on some machines when a second emulator window was open.
Now, VirtualC64 issues a warning message and safely terminates on Macs not supporting Metal.
- VirtualC64 goes Metal. Old OpenGL code has been removed.
- GPU code is now capable of texture post-processing. Some proof-of-concept filters such as blur, sepia, and simple CRT have been added.
- In fullscreen mode, it is now possible to retain the proper screen aspect ratio.
- Resurrected the "Flash file into memory" option which was broken in V1.0.
- Option to insert a new blank disk
- Option to insert a disk folder in R/W mode
- Updated C-BIOS
- Hopefully fixed a bug causing the emulator to crash on exit in El Capitan (10.11) and Yosemite (10.10)
"DOSBox SVN version checking has been revisited.
Adds latest addition to DOSBox SVN, oplmode=opl3gold, see http://www.emucr.com/2015/09/dosbox-svn-r3936.html?m=1 for details. Get the newest DOSBox SVN version for Mac listed in the signature of VOGONs forum member Dominus at http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=31795"
- Recompiled on El Capitan with XCode 7
- Replaced Sparkle framework v1.8 by v1.11
- When using Dapplegrey´s Windows 3.1 managing window, the path to the Windows 3.1 sources no longer will be display two "/Volumes" parts in the path text field.
- When closing the Preferences window, the preferences will be saved immediately. Previously, the preferences has been saved only when the user told Dapplegrey to quit.
- New FPU core that ought to work better than the old one
- Ethernet support with TAP
- CPU speed improvements and many CPU bug fixes
- Multiple screen support
- VC1541 is now emulated on the bit level.
- VC1541 got a read-only fast-loading mode which is about 50% faster than bit accurate emulation.
- The anti-aliasing filter can be disabled in the emulator settings dialog.
- A warning dialog is displayed when a disk with unsaved data is going to be ejected.
- In the hardware dialog, MOS6581 is now preselected as the default SID chid. The old preselection was MOS8580 which doesn't support speech synthesis (like in Ghostbusters).
- Fixed a bug that caused the emulator to crash on startup when an unsupported color scheme was stored in the user default settings.
- On US keyboards, the tilde key (~) now emulates the left arrow key on the C64 keyboard.