Android related news and updates
- Fix graphic regression on 1.9.0
Graphics bug fix
- #587 Cotton Boomerang Duplicate Fram
- #716 BISHOUJO HANAFUDA KIKOU MITINOKU HITOU KOI MONOGATARI SPECIAL Graphics
- #333 [Contra - Legacy Of War] Missing screen...
New Bootable games
- SD Gundam G Century S
- Full Cowled Mini Yonku Super Factory
- Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 3
- The AetherSX2 emulator for Sony Playstation 2 is now fully supported and will launch games! However, you will need to open up the emulator first and let it scan your PS2 ROMs folder in order for it to have access to your ROMs.
- Both PPSSPP and PPSSPP Gold for Sony PSP are now fully supported and will launch games on Android 11+! However, you will need to open up the emulators first and let them scan your PSP ROMs folder with the Browse button for them to have access to your ROMs (on Android 11+).
- Yaba Sanshiro 2 and Yaba Sanshiro 2 Pro have been added, but they do not work to launch games on Android 11+. As far as we can tell, this is because the developer has not yet added support for launching games with the new Android storage access framework. Please hit us up on the LaunchBox forums if you know otherwise or have any further information.
- Dolphin MMJR is now the default emulator for Nintendo GameCube and Nintendo Wii, because it is so much better with performance
- Support for Dolphin MMJR2 has been added as well, but it is not recommended for most users because it has been abandoned in favor of Dolphin MMJR
- Added a new option to the MAME imports to skip games that require a CHD file; this is ideal for mobile devices because the CHD files increase the ROM set space requirements from 66 gigs to roughly 500 gigs, and only around 120 games actually require a CHD, so it's usually better to omit the CHDs for mobile devices that run MAME
- Games are now sorted more similarly to how they are in the desktop apps, ignoring articles like "The", "A", and "An"
- M3U playlists are now used for games with multiple discs (to allow for easy disc switching) when launching RetroArch with the following cores: duckstation, swanstation, mednafen_psx_hw, mednafen_psx
- Added a new option to "Quit RetroArch on Losing Focus" to the platform emulator settings; this option will help to ensure that new games will be launched properly even if a previous game is still running in RetroArch. However, it will also prevent games from resuming when the screen is turned off, if this setting is turned on.
- Fixed errors importing Capcom Play System, Capcom Play System II, and Capcom Play System III
- Fixed a crash when trying to download missing media with no connection
- Custom themes are now available in LaunchBox for Android! Download them from the LaunchBox Community Forums here: https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/36-custom-themes/
- Three new themes are now included with LaunchBox for Android: Alisia (with both platforms/filters and games views), BannerBox Lite (with a new games view to match the existing platform banners view), and The Grid (with a new games view). Try these out by selecting Change View from the top menus on platforms, filters, and games views.
- Two additional themes (with more coming!) are available on the LaunchBox Community Forums: Emblem and Unified Lite. Download them here: https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/36-custom-themes/
- The EmuMovies downloader has been updated to the new version of the API and should be much more stable
- Image downloads have now been limited to 2000 pixels wide and 2000 pixels tall, which will reduce media storage space requirements and increase performance and stability
- Loading up emulators should be slightly less jarring now (Android's launching animations have been disabled when launching emulators)
- RetroArch will no longer require you to complete exit the game before launching a new game
- Added support for the following new platforms: Amstrad GX4000, Capcom Play System, Capcom Play System II, Capcom Play System III, Commodore Amiga CD32, Nintendo Famicom Disk System, Nintendo Satellaview, Philips CD-i, Sega Naomi, Sega Naomi 2
- Fixed an issue where excessively large images (bigger than 4K) could crash the app on some devices
- Fixed an issue where the Sort Title field was not being used properly to sort the games in the games views
- Fixed an issue where backing out of the metadata search page with a controller was backing completely out to the filters view